1. Information retained.
- When you register for the boatfax Service, you provide your Name, Email address, Contact Address, Phone Number and other details ("Registration Information"). You are able to subsequently update these through the “My Details” page.
- Cookies. We use small files known as "cookies" to enhance users' experience of the boatfax Service as detailed in the Cookies section within the Terms & Conditions statement:
2. Sharing, use and distribution of information
- We, and (where relevant) our credit card processing agents, will not supply your personal data to a third party for commercial exploitation.
- If an asset is reported lost or missing we will only pass on your information to interested parties if you have ticked the box to prior-agree to your details being released and/or a legally compliant request is made for it by an appropriate party.
- The boatfax Service may include interactive advertising for other businesses. We may use, and provide to third parties, anonymous demographic data provided by Subscribers to target this advertising more appropriately.
- Newsletters. We may from time to time send out a mix of regular and occasional emails advertising our service and news items.
- We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with our subsidiaries and other companies in our group, but only for the purposes described in this policy.
- If all of the assets which boatfax uses to operate its business (or substantially all of them) are acquired by a third party, we may transfer personal data we then hold to that party.
- No information is revealed or passed onto other parties without your permission or knowledge. We do not freely share or provide the information held in the database, to third party’s, without this permission or knowledge.
All data held by boatfax is strictly controlled and stored in a highly secure database. High Integrity Security measures are in place to protect the information held on our database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each Subscriber's responsibility:
- to protect against unauthorised access to your details, by keeping your password secret and protected from unauthorised use;
- to ensure against wrongful access to the boatfax service through the terminal/machine that Subscriber uses while they are "logged on" to the boatfax Service;
- to log-off or exit from the boatfax Service when not using it; and to keep your password secret at all times.
4. Opt-out policy
You may have your registration details removed at any time. To remove your details from our database please select De-Register from the website to submit a de-registration request and we will remove all your details once we have confirmed this with you. Alternatively send an email to
from your log on email address and place the words CANCEL USER on the subject line. Cancel User, de-registration or de-activation will be confirmed by a return email from boatfax.
5. Disclosure for legal reasons
We reserve the right to communicate subscriber information as we hold to third parties which seek the disclosure of it and which make a legally-compliant request for its disclosure.
6. Contacting boatfax
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with boatfax, you may contact us at
. You can also use this email address if you wish to request from boatfax a copy of the personal data we hold. Please note that this site is governed by the Laws of the United Kingdom. As such we are entitled to charge you a small fee for providing this information (see Terms & Conditions statement).
7. Links to third party sites
Our site contains links to other sites. boatfax is not responsible for the privacy practices, or the content, of those web sites
Data: Security & Protection of Information Statement
boatfax is certified to comply with the “US-EU harmonised” Safe Harbour Program ensuring that all “data activities” comply with US and European Data Privacy/Protection legislation. boatfax is subject to frequent audits, in order to maintain its EU Safe Harbour Seal, thus ensuring continued compliance with current and revised legislation, specifically in respect of Personally Identifiable Information.
boatfax uses SSL (128 bit) certification to provide the highest level of encryption available. Any data transferred over the internet via HTTPS is secured to prevent deciphering or vandalised through malicious intent. All sensitive information is processed through HTTPS.
All access passwords held in the system database are one-way encrypted.
boatfax uses the highest level of Secure Server Technology. All data is stored on fully-managed servers, housed in secure data centres. Servers are protected by hardware and software firewalls, anti-spam and anti-DDOS mechanisms, and 24-hour monitoring.
boatfax uses secure methods to prevent malicious SQL Injection. Limits the use and broadcast of information embedded in cookies and through good data housekeeping is able to sustain a high level of protection from data penetration.
All boatfax personnel are security screened and bound by strict Non-Disclosure Agreements. No single employee has general access to the data held by boatfax.All Data access is monitored recorded and subject to an audit trail.
complies with all appropriate Data Protection and Data Privacy legislation throughout the territories it actively services.